Johns Creek, GA (USA)
Posted 16 days ago
Qualification: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience: 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
We are seeking an experienced, detail oriented Accounting Manager to join our team. The Accounting Manager applies accounting knowledge to assist with the preparation and coordination of the month end close, and day to day activity by ensuring financial statements are accurate and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”).
The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets, and leases.
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Leads the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process for US operations.
- Ensures corporate accounting compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Provides guidance to control and process owners, and monitors remediation efforts, and assists in the drafting of accounting policies and procedures. Provides external auditors and SOX process/control auditors documentation, support schedules and Variance analysis.
- Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations, Journal Entries, accruals/reclasses, and variance analysis. Performs GAAP research/application when needs arise
- Reviews financial reports and prepares all necessary accrual entries to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with GAAP.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.