Johns Creek, GA (USA)
Posted 16 days ago
Experience: Proven experience as an Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager | SEC Reporting or Filing experience | Five plus years of experience in accounting and financial reporting, including SEC reporting
Publicly-traded software and services company with a long history, acquisitive nature and growing international operations is seeking a Financial Controller for North America that can act as the lead professional for SEC reporting. Company is focused within the Insurance and Financial Technology industries.
Candidate should exhibit the following qualities and experience:
- Proven experience as an Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager
- SEC Reporting/Filing experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Direct report management experience valuable
- MS Office proficiency
- NetSuite experience a plus, but working knowledge of enterprise-wide accounting systems required
- Solid knowledge of GAAP rules and application
- Detailed orientation in all work aspects
- Five plus years of experience in accounting and financial reporting, including SEC reporting
- Substantive time in technology/software industry a positive
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA or other professional certification a plus
- Managing the timely and accurate periodic closing of G/L, including the preparation and posting of standard accruals and recurring entries, for North American operations
- Coordinating the preparation of the Company’s SEC filings (i.e. 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K) in conjunction with senior financial and executive management
- Preparing the Note disclosures and MD&A to the financial statements in the Company’s quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Prepare quarter-end review and year-end audit work-papers and financial statements disclosures support schedules.
- Coordinate quarterly and annual external audit
- Balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations
- Providing monthly and quarterly analyses of expense trends
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Preparing meaningful balance sheet analysis for unusual variances
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Researching reporting issues for SEC compliance
- Reviews financial reports and prepares all necessary accrual entries to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist in preparing information for federal, state and local income tax returns.