Johns Creek, GA (USA)
Posted 21 days ago
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Science or Technology
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years Linux Systems Administration experience
Candidate will administer UNIX operating systems running on multiple flavors/versions. Services provided under this effort may be required to monitor and respond to e-mail or alerts in support of operating system. Manage and maintain UNIX based OS on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and help the application developers to troubleshoot issues.
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot UNIX based OS and associated components such as the OS, File System, hardware issues, kernel and OS performance, DNS, LDAP, network attached storage, Storage Area Networks, and networking components including Virtual Local Area Networks, BIOS, and bonded network interfaces.
- Supporting application and webserver including Tomcat, JBoss and Apache webserver
- Exposure to private and public cloud including but not limited to Amazon AWS, MS Azure.
- Ensure operating environments are properly configured and functioning as per requirements/engineering specifications as related to specified network and storage components and applicable tool suites,
- performance degradations and provide after-hours support
- Managing applications including: Secure Shell, Secure Web Access, Virtualization (Hyper Visor, VMWare, etc.), and Remote X server access.
- Proactively monitor operating environments using Nagios, Zabbix and Grafana/Kibana toolsets and correct system anomalies.
- Monitor system performance to identify and correct performance issues.
- Utilize UNIX scripting (Bourne, PERL, BASH, Powershell) and other scripting language to optimize and automate system administrator tasks.
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated) to include disaster recovery documentation.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring compliance with tight timelines while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Manage all tickets (incident, problem, change, service requests, etc.)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Certification on the OS, AWS, Azure will be a plus point.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Technology.