Johns Creek, GA (USA)
Posted 60 days ago
Qualification: Bachelors degree in technology, business, or a complementary discipline, preferred
Experience: Technical support and customer services experience a plus
Members of our technical support team are responsible for handling calls and e-mail requests from customers seeking assistance with our Risk Management and Property & Casualty insurance web-based applications. Our technical support analysts use their software and computer knowledge combined with their Risk Management and P &C knowledge to provide timely and accurate solutions.
We look for results-oriented people who have initiative, a good attitude, strong technical and analytical skills, the ability to learn quickly, a willingness to succeed, and who truly enjoy helping people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Support Analyst will develop a strong understanding of Ebix’s products to effectively troubleshoot issues and provide accurate solutions to our customers. Throughout the client engagement, the Technical Support Analyst will:
- Receive, document, and resolve customer issues using the internal ticketing system.
- Work to exceed customers’ expectations and create a positive customer perception of the Ebix organization through timely responses, follow-through, and suitable solutions.
- Serve as the sole point of contact for application issues that cannot be resolved during the first communication (call or e-mail). This may involve escalating the issue to the appropriate department, senior technician, or manager, and continued follow up until issue is resolved.
- Communicate regularly with senior staff, management, or other departments to minimize production disruptions and ensure proper attention to unresolved issues.
- Monitor servers and logs daily to proactively identify errors and/or work flow interruptions. Promptly fix issues or communicate to the appropriate department for correction.
- Design and document plans for correction for use with future errors.
- Provide training and/or implementation assistance when required.
- Identify potential sales and upgrade opportunities, make recommendations for solutions, and submit to our sales team.
- Be familiar with all applications, including legacy applications, to ensure prompt support is available to all clients.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as assigned.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising service
- Deliver prompt and timely service
- Escalate where appropriate to ensure timely resolution for clients
- Review relevant information and probe for additional information to evaluate and develop solutions
- Isolate and solve problems quickly and methodically
- Identify steps and design a plan necessary to resolve issues
- Consider the costs/benefits of various solutions to determine the most appropriate solution for the client
- Employ active listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Articulate issues, solutions, training, etc. for full client understanding
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products
- Possess a basic understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Learn new software quickly and easily
- Be an independent self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Be willing to travel if necessary
Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, or a complementary discipline, preferred
Technical support and customer services experience a plus