New York (USA)
Posted 60 days ago
Qualification: B.A / B.S degree
Experience: Experience with Property and Casualty Insurance, 7+ years of business analysis experience in the Commercial Property & Casualty insurance industry with 2+ years in Specialty insurance
Location: Purchase, NY
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for leading the business and functional requirements definition for policy administration as well as downstream systems and reporting. The senior business analyst will also be responsible for planning and facilitating user acceptance testing and managing business relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead requirements definition for complex projects and multi-year strategic initiatives. Identify and translate business needs into clearly defined requirements, and create documentation inclusive of business use cases, process flows, data flows, traceability matrices and report mock-ups.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations.
- Lead review sessions for completed business/functional requirements with key business users focused on gaining consensus and final business approval.
- Build strong relationships within the business units and support functions to understand the business needs.
- Collaborate with development and testing teams to provide subject matter expertise, ensure that out of the box functionality is leveraged and assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Ensure that proposed solutions are focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes, and are consistent across products where possible.
- Participate in the development and planning of the User Acceptance Testing activities, including test plans and scripts, based on requirements.
- Facilitate UAT execution phase and work with business lead and project manager to obtain user acceptance test signoff.
- Provide direction and leadership to one or more IT Business Analysts.
- Travel as required, approximately 10%.
- 7+ years of business analysis experience in the Commercial Property & Casualty insurance industry with 2+ years in Specialty insurance.
- Strong technology experience with policy administration solutions. Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter strongly preferred.
- Experienced with Agile SCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies; working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards.
- Hands-on experience writing user stories is required.
- Knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs and the out of the box software functionality.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
- Must be proficient with process modeling tools (e.g., Visio). Experience with other visualization tools is beneficial.
- Experience supervising small teams.
- Strong initiative; able to self-manage. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done.
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance.
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Experience using standard project and business tools including TFS, Rally, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint.
- Team player who works well with technical and business resources.
- B.A / B.S degree
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) is a plus
- Insurance Certification, i.e. CPCU a Plus