Posted 60 days ago
Experience: 5 Years
Experienced Projecct Manager possessing insurance industry knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: Life & Annuity, Property & Casualty, Healthcare.
- The Project Manager is accountable for project initiation and planning, and for oversight of business activities within a project. This includes initial project planning efforts such as developing the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining business and IT sponsor approvals, and coordinating business resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
- The Project Manager will maintain/revise and communicate documented costs and benefits associated with the project; coordinate or participate in development of the Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Once a project is set in motion, the Project Manager is expected to communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities.
- The Project Manager is also responsible for prioritizing procedures for changing scope and project acceptance procedures by assessing and managing project variances (e.g. budget variance); evaluate impacts to overall project commitments, evaluate and present options, and implement approved changes
- Nearing project completion, the Project is expected to obtain feedback to assure that project efforts meet customer expectations for agreed upon schedule, cost and objectives
- The Project manager is responsible for creating plan and prepares for business implementation tasks and to drive change management responsibilities including internal and external partners and customers
- The Project Manager is expected to contribute to the project management best practices and disciplines of the organization; foster and promote knowledge exchange
- The Project Manager is expected to understand the business environment of Personal Lines, grasp the goals and objectives of the various projects, understand the business resource requirement for the projects, and be able to communicate in appropriate business or technical terms, depending upon the audience.
- Minimum of five years as a project management or equivalent leadership experience in financial services or insurance industry.
- Strong track record of managing multiple complex or enterprise-impacting projects/programs.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Highly developed organizational skills; excellent leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated discipline in execution management, organizational change management and process improvement with sustainable results.
- Proven ability to program manage successfully during a period of sustained change; comfortable with ambiguity over a prolonged period.
- Strong risk management methodology.
- PMP preferred.