Hartford, CT (USA)
Posted 60 days ago
Experience: 4 Years
Experienced Business Analyst possessing insurance industry knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: Life & Annuity, Property & Casualty, Healthcare
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail and in appropriate forms suitable for use by the business community.
- Lead requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve the business objectives.
- Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a requirements management tool. Define requirement attributes and use them throughout the project.
- Manage the creation and track the status and use of requirements trace information.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including the continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- 4+ years industry experience (Life and Annuity, P&C, Healthcare)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed.
- Knowledge of existing tools for requirements development and requirements management
- Technical aptitude